Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Back in 2013 I paid the same premium on my GEICO/SkiSafe boat insurance as I do now. In 2013 they would have paid all the damage less my $500 deductible. In 2018 they are only paying part of the damage because at 8 years of age a clause kicks in and they depreciated Machinery. “Machinery” means the system that makes the Boat operable. This includes items or components that enable the operation, transmission or control of a system that makes the boat operable. This includes, but is not limited to, engines, motors, heating, ventilation and air conditioning or other appliances that provide mechanical energy through the use of fuel, electricity, gas, steam, water, wind, or any similar energy source. So they are insuring a less expensive boat, taking less risk, and billing me the same. They even said my stainless steel prop was part of machine so also depreciated. #GEICO #TheGEICOGecko #SkiSafeBoating GEICO #simms #fishing


via Facebook https://ift.tt/2uvFk9g

No comments: